Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Maps - Working in different local environments

Hi All,

I think I am missing something basic around using Google Maps. I have used the example QV map ok, added my own Gmap key & it still works fine, but then I save the QVW file and use it within a different enviroment i.e. on a customer site and the map goes white.

I notes when you get the gmap code there is a bunch of instructions talking about what domain it will work in etc. Is this my problem please?

If so how do I put a map into a qvw file and make it portable i.e. I can re-use the QVW at different customer sites?

Thanks in advance

Bob

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have sometimes come across this problem if either:

A) The number of requests per day for your google-key are exceeded

B) I try to use the map without first reloading the document after reopening (don't know why this happens, should make no difference, but sometimes it works just to reload)

C) Your request towards google fails based on security restrictions, firewall, port blocking, etc. Make sure to open up for any outgoing requests, and that it does not require login.

So far I've tried three different environments(work, home, customer) and they wall work fine after adjusting the security settings.

Not applicable
Author

I need to open my server to outgoing request. But my IT security people will not open up to everything.

Do anyone know, witch site to open up to, to get request and maps return?

Best regards Jerrik