Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

make a graph show latest dates values

Hi,

I have a graph with data from the 1st january 2014 until now. But when the graph is shown it can only show maybe 15 dates.

The graph show the dates from the 1st jan - How can i do so it shows the data from the newest dates? so it shows july instead?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

In your chart expression use set analysis something like:

=Sum({<Date={">$(=Max(Date)-15) <=$(=Max(Date))"}>}Amt)

View solution in original post

13 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

In your chart expression use set analysis something like:

=Sum({<Date={">$(=Max(Date)-15) <=$(=Max(Date))"}>}Amt)

Not applicable
Author

can it be done without set analysis?

Not applicable
Author

Because your set filters it down to only 15 dates. I dont want it to be filtered. I just want to see the latest dates instead of the first dates.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

What is your logic to decide a date to be one of the latest ?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

So you would like to scroll it to the most recent dates? I don't think that is possible. Your options are to filter the data, aggregate it so that there are fewer data points, sort in reverse order, or allow the user to manually scroll to the end.

With a a filter like tresesco's suggestion, you can select on a date list box to see the 15 days prior to the selected date (or the maximum date in your model if nothing is selected).

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

last or first sorted? Due to the fact i dont want to see old data when i first see my grtaph. If i wanna see old data i want to filter it instead.

Not applicable
Author

Let me show you a picture.

Not applicable
Author

This is how it is now:

Capture.PNG.png

This is how i want it

Capture1.PNG.png

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You may allow user to choose if they want to see old data. By default it would be the latest dates. For that you can use two expressions (one as shown above, another without that set filter) and enable them as per user selection. Allow users to select a flag in inputbox that get stored in a variable.