Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

adding columns

Hi everyone!

i'm trying to add two columns which will descirbe rows categories but always when i'm trying to do this just one column is added. i can add one of them but never both of them. I'm trying to add them in file wizard, then i click next and "enable transformation step" button. Then i choose column sheet, then "new..." button and by choosing some conditions i'm addding column and when the first column is added i click "new..." button once again to add one more column. And the second one is ignored. What i'm doing wrong and how can i solve that problem

4 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When you have your Load or Select instruction e.g.:

Select

field1,

field2

From Table1

to add according to a condition 2 more columns do:

Select

field1,

field2,

If(condition1 is true, 'Ok', 'Ko') as field3,

If(condition2 is true, 'Ok', 'Ko') as field4,

From Table1

Not applicable
Author

file wizard generates kind of this one instructions when i'm adding one column:

LOAD [Name column1],   // that's what i got in table before adding

[Name column2],   // that's what i got in table before adding

F3,

F4,

F5

FROM

[table]

(biff, embedded labels, table is [table name$], filters(

ColXtr(2, RowCnd(CellValue, 1, StrCnd(longer, 4)), 0),

Replace(3, top, StrCnd(null)),

Replace(3, top, StrCnd(null)),

Remove(Row, RowCnd(CellValue, 1, StrCnd(longer, 4)))

));

so all ot this conditions i got after key word FROM and i'm not sure what do they mean and don't know where can i get some info about that i mean about all of these functions like ColXtr(), Replace(), Remove(), RowCnd(), etc

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Probably your data in xls file doesn't start at row 1 but there are other rows and columns above and before your data area, all the instructions (but I do not know the syntax) works to define that area ...

Not applicable
Author

i found an answer;)

the file wizard generates the same functions couple times so the solution is quite easy. We have to reduce functions generated by file wizard to only these which are necessary and then everything is working properly;)

PEACE!!!