cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhelms
Creator
Creator

Publisher Failure Task

I am looking to see if it is possible to start a task when any task fails. Not a single specific task, but any task. I realize I could do this with a lot of failed triggers but then each time we create a new task I have to add it to the list. Has anyone done anything like this before?

3 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Brian,

The question is why  tasks are failing so often? Qlikview task should be running smoothly without any fails, unless something is give it a conflict, either environmental or actual bug. Have you checked the task logs what error is returning? What kind of storage are you using? Do you have real time antivirus in the publisher / server machine and excluded the anti-virus of scanning the Qlikview folder and source folders? back-ups process?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
bhelms
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the response Giuseppe,

We are not having any major issues at the moment, but I have created an application that monitors job run times, whether they were successful or failed, and if they ran in a normal amount of time. This job is scheduled to run every 60 minutes throughout the day currently. If a task does happen to fail, I want to trigger this application to run, since it pulls in the logs for all job runs and lets the client know what caused the issue. That way, they don't have to wait for the 60 minute refresh to finish to begin troubleshooting. It isn't critical since we don't see many failures, but when they do occur, our clients would like to know what the cause was as soon as possible.

Giuseppe_Novello

Ah! okay that makes sense, I thought that you had tasks failing all over. Well not sure there is a tool capable to do such, maybe someone else has a better input for your business requirement. Good Luck!

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik