Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

See what Document CALs are assigned to what ?

Hi

In the QMC one can see how many Document CALs are assigned :

Document CALs: 221 assigned (300 in license)
Changes are managed under User Documents

How can one get a list out of what they are assigned to ?

Best Regards,     Bill

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ashfaq Mohammed & swuehl

Both the System Monitor and Power Tools are great and gives loads of good information but I cannot find what I am after in either of them.

But theLicense_Analyser_K3FDS.qvw does give me what I am after from the NoOfNamedCals of CalData.pgo.xml

LOAD

DocumentName AS [DocumentName(Full)],

left(DocumentName,index(DocumentName,'\',-1)-1) AS [DocumentPath],

replace(mid(DocumentName,index(DocumentName,'\',-1)+1),'.QVW','') AS [DocumentName(Short)],

NoOfNamedCals AS #DocCalPool,

AllowDynamicAllocation,

NoOfEmbeddedNamedCals,

%Key_CalData_A6E97F950E348A57,    // Key to parent table: CalData

%Key_PerDocumentCalData_71E03D5A91FA7462 AS %DocKey    // Key for this table: CalData/PerDocumentCalData/PerDocumentCalData

FROM $(vAccessPoint_Path)\CalData.pgo.xml (XmlSimple, Table is [CalData/PerDocumentCalData/PerDocumentCalData]);

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Bill,

You can get that info by configuring the below app.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4307

Regards

ASHFAQ

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Also the QV user manager from the power tools should be able to provide the information.

Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView

In the QMC itself, I think the document CAL information is distributed across the documents, so you would need to have a look at each document.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ashfaq Mohammed & swuehl

Both the System Monitor and Power Tools are great and gives loads of good information but I cannot find what I am after in either of them.

But theLicense_Analyser_K3FDS.qvw does give me what I am after from the NoOfNamedCals of CalData.pgo.xml

LOAD

DocumentName AS [DocumentName(Full)],

left(DocumentName,index(DocumentName,'\',-1)-1) AS [DocumentPath],

replace(mid(DocumentName,index(DocumentName,'\',-1)+1),'.QVW','') AS [DocumentName(Short)],

NoOfNamedCals AS #DocCalPool,

AllowDynamicAllocation,

NoOfEmbeddedNamedCals,

%Key_CalData_A6E97F950E348A57,    // Key to parent table: CalData

%Key_PerDocumentCalData_71E03D5A91FA7462 AS %DocKey    // Key for this table: CalData/PerDocumentCalData/PerDocumentCalData

FROM $(vAccessPoint_Path)\CalData.pgo.xml (XmlSimple, Table is [CalData/PerDocumentCalData/PerDocumentCalData]);

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

I want to confirm that the Governance Dashboard doesn't show license information.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Many thanks Bill Britt for confirming that the  Governance Dashboard doesn't show license information.  That certainly explains why I could not find it there.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for this.

However, I seem to be getting different results. My QVS is saying 1136 allocated (1140 in license) and the model says 905 of 1140 allocated, 235 available. Am I doing somethin wrong or perhaps missed something?

Thanks

Mikasen

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

You deleted or moved a QVW before you unassigned  the CALS.

Look under Documents > User Documents there may be a QVW listed all in caps (MYQVW.QVW) that does not appear in the folder indicated.  This is a good indicator that this is the culprit.

When deleting a QVW it is best to remove the assigned Document CALs first, then delete the QVW.  By doing this the Document CALs are released and put back into the pool.

There are 3 ways to resolve this problem, Based on the CALs quantity, you can apply the best possible solution:

Resolution 1:

1. Stop the QlikView Server service.
  2. Add PgoAsXmlAlso=1 under [Settings 7]  in the Settings.ini file located in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer (default location)
  3. Restart the QlikView Server service
  4. Navigate to Root Directory and Open the CalData.pgo.xml file to determine to which document the CALs were assigned
  5. Create a new blank QVW file named the same as document listed in CalData.pgo.xml & save it in the Root directory
  6. In Management Console, navigate to Documents > User Documents and locate QWV created in the previous step
  7. Click Document CALs tab and set Number of CALs allocated to this Document to zero and click Apply
Note: This resolution can be applied where the assigned CALs are HIGH in number.
Resolution 2:
  1. Stop QVS and QMS as when you remove files it might still remain in the memory,
  2. And then delete both caldata.pgo file under the "user documents" and also "ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer"
  3. Restart the services

Note:This resolution can be applied where the assigned CALs are in LOW in number.

Resolution 3:

Clear the license information and reapply again

Note:This resolution can be applied where the assigned CALs are in LOW in number.