Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronald_gdi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem AccessPoint Qlikview 11.2 SR7 Internet Explorer

Hello,

I need of help!!

I installed the new version of Qlikview 11.2 SR7 and I use Qlikview Plugin, but isn't working in IE browser (7,8,9,10). In others browsers is working good.

Somebody has any idea?

I saw that the consumption of RAM IE process is increasing and is constantly increasing.

Thank you!

Ronald

20 Replies
ronald_gdi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

With IP it's all okay, but with machine name it's okay in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Giuseppe_Novello

Yeah it is a typical with IE having issues to resolve the DNS name with underscores. Now, if you are changing the Server name be really careful, since a lot component in Qlikview depend on the current name, so it is easy to uninstall Qlikview, Change the server name and then install Qlikview back again.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Giuseppe,

Could you please explain "if you are changing the Server name be really careful, since a lot component in Qlikview depend on the current name".

I did not get your point. We always alternatively use either serverName/Alias name. IP address I have not checekd, but we never found any issue.

Giuseppe_Novello

Nita,

Are you related on Ronald issue?

Anyways, you are more than welcome to use DNS name, customize DNS  name, Server name, and IP address. Now, when there's a mapping or resolving problem with DNS you may encounter issue like Ronalds, since IE cannot resolve the DNS name and just gets stuck on a infinite loop, this is due to RFC 1912 problem . Ronald plans were renaming the server name ( so he can take out the underscore) which will causing him other problems with Qlikview; because, all the Programdata Config files ( specially QVPR) have the original name, not the new name that he is planning to rename the server, so when all component want to find the older name, they just going to fail to find it, because that name does not longer exist.

Now, I have not idea whats your case is and I have no clue what you mean with "We always alternatively use either serverName/Alias name. IP address I have not checekd, but we never found any issue."

Just remember you cannot compare you environment with Ronalds, since your and his environment are different, my test / troubleshooting to him was to try IP address and you can read it works, and funny I wild guess that he did have a underscore within his ServerName, which gives me the conclusion is the RFC 1912 issue.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gio,

I wanted to understand what kind of problem we may face with the renaming. I dont have any problem in our server configuration. Thanks for your detail explanation. I understand why you warned not to rename.

Giuseppe_Novello

Nita,

No problem at all! have a good day!

Giuseppe Novello
ronald_gdi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank You Guiseppe

Perfect! I chaged machine name and reinstall the Qlikserver and it is working well.

Thank you very much, I will keep this tip to never put these characters in the name of a server;

Kind regards

ronald_gdi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Have a good day

Giuseppe_Novello

Excellent! Glad that worked. DO you mind to close / solve this discussion?

Thank you!

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
ronald_gdi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Of course!

I marked your answer as correct. Is it right to close the item?