Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV-File lost and Error messages

Hello,

i have a problem with lost files after automatic reload of files in QV-Server. I get the following error message.

Server. Access rights are available for the (QV-server-) user on the folder.

Fehlermeldung QV.png

Another error is that a process lock a file. The process, who lock the file is "QVDistrubutionService.exe". But we no update files in parallel.

Fehlermeldung2 QV.png

Can anyone help please?

9 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Do you have section access enabled in your application.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

no, is not enabled.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Is your environment hosted in SAN.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Looks like a Permission issue, please check  effective Permissions for the user running the service. Beside this, is UAC active? Can you give more details on the system.

Not applicable
Author

in the notes the server-details

Not applicable
Author

All services are on  the same machine?

And from what I could see, you have more then one disc on the server?

Could you for a test, move a file that you are having issues with, to another disc and see if it acts the same?

Also, do the qvw file get lost with either error message?

Can you check windows logs for any errors on hardware that has started to happen recently

Not applicable
Author

Yes, all Service are on the same machine. The Server has only one HDD. the other are a FDD and a CDROM so i cant test the other drives.

we have activated different kinds of logs, but we dont get another error Messages. i only see the Server make successful a shadow copy 45 min before the QV-scripts runs or the error comes.

the script runs daily in the morning, but i dont get the error daily. the error may come once in 2 weeks.

Not applicable
Author

we use VMWare

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you should check the infrastructure.

Using VMWare means there is a physical host with a lot virtual machines on it, or do you use just one VM on a single physical host?

What kind of Storage is the real host using? SAN/NAS/DAS.

Regards

M.