cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AND in set analysis

hello community,

I've got a problem with a set analysis.

I'd like to get all records of companies which use the combination of 2 products, NOT only one of the products.

Example (does not work I know):

1. product:

=sum({<articleNr={111}>} numberOfLicences)

2. product:

=sum({<articleNr={222}>} numberOfLicences)

As information, my data model looks like this:

company as dimension table

calendar as dimension table

products as transaction table

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Carl

17 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

i dont understand what you reuired

but see below for more clear

sum({<A={222},B={'somvalue'}>} fieldname)  -------------------> it will give you result where a=222 and B='Some value'

or is like below

sum({<A={222,322}>} fieldname)--------------------------------------> if A=222 or A=322 then it sum the value

or you may also try below

=sum({<articleNr={111}>} numberOfLicences)

+

sum({<articleNr={222}>} numberOfLicences)

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Have had the same way of thinking, know that one field can't have two values at the same time

Thought that there is perhaps a way to solve this, perhaps if i change my data model, my problem is, that i dont know how ...

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Use the union between the two.

Operator    Operator name                                             desc

+                Union                         Returns a set of records that belongs to union of sets.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Perhaps the problem is this: Since set analysis is effectively a way of coding selections, whatever you are selecting with set analysis must also be manually selectable. Now for AND selections in a list box, the data needs to be structured in a particular way. Once you have done, this then perhaps one of the proposals above will work.

Search here AND LISTBOX or similar, or check the manual for how to structure your data.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be in the fron-end too you can achieve that. Could you explain better about your requirement ?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

With SET ANALYSIS this could be calculated like this:

Sum({<Company=P({<Product={'A'}>})>*<Company=P({<Product={'B'}>}),Product={'A','B'}>} numberOfLicenses)

(this will only be calculated for companies with transactions of both product A and B and it will only sum licenses

of A or B).

Or

Sum({<Company=P({<Product={'A'}>})>*<Company=P({<Product={'B'}>})>} numberOfLicenses)

(this will only be calculated for companies with transactions of both product A and B and it will sum all kinds of licenses for these companies).

Note that the asterisk in a SET ANALYSIS is the set operator INTERSECTION.. So basically by using the
P() element function which selects all companies that have transactions for product A and intersect that with companies that have transactions for product B you will get only companies that have transactions with both products. In addition when you do the sum make sure to specify that you only want sums for these two products... if that is what you need in your chart....

I will also upload a complete example QVW to illustrate even better....

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

2014-07-20-Set_Analysis.JPG.jpg2014-07-20-Set_Analysis_2.JPG.jpg

!

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Actually the expression could be simplified somewhat to this:

Sum({<Company=P({<Product={'A'}>})*P({<Product={'B'}>}),Product={'A','B'}>} Licenses)