Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit and Reload in Personal Edition

Hi,

I am having some issues regarding a Personal Edition. I have leased a licence from the server within our organisation, but still unable to reload/edit documents from the server. I am quite new to this side of QV, so a bit stuck on what is going wrong? I have watched the video on here and I am a user cal on the server, but still having issues. Any help gratefully received.

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Is you machine that you lease licence is different from server?

If yes, then you cannot reload or edit files from server from you client machine.

All you have to do is bring a copy of your application from server to your local machine make all the required changes, Then re deploy to server and schedule application as required.

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Is you machine that you lease licence is different from server?

If yes, then you cannot reload or edit files from server from you client machine.

All you have to do is bring a copy of your application from server to your local machine make all the required changes, Then re deploy to server and schedule application as required.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

With the Desktop Client you can reload local opened Files (File -> Open) if you use Open in Server you are just a User and can't reload, just using. Same as on the Access Point. If you want to reload on the Server you have to create a Reload Task in QlikView Management Console or open QlikView Desktop on the Server and open the file via File -> Open

Not applicable
Author

HI Ashfaq,

Many thanks for the quick reply. Yes the machine is different to server.

So if i "open from server" on my PE and make any changes it will not affect what is published on the server?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Tru.

It will be visible with you user only.

No one else can see what changes you made.

Yo can take file to local machine from server and make changes and re deploy file back to server.

Or

you can istall Qlikview desktop in server itsel and follow what Daniel Zanders had suggested.

I.E

open the file via File -> Open

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. So am i not able to see the script when i open an existing document from the server in PE?

Thanks James

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Yes If you have Licence lease and you open file via File --> open.

Regards

ASHFAQ