Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mapbox Extension

Hi,

I have been tasked with creating a Mapbox extension and I was hoping for some simple way to do it by changing an existing OpenStreetmap extension but it doesn't seem as simple as changing a few bits and pointing it at Mapbox.

The example extension was from a previous thread on http://community.qlik.com/thread/60652 created by Ralf Becher and it looks like you can use the mapbox.js api to do the same thing but i have no idea where to start in changing it really.

Could anyone advise on how it should be created? There are some great examples on how to use the api if you were creating a webpage but its not making sense on how that applies to the extension like it would do in the above example.

Any advise would be useful.

Thanks,

Geoff

***********************Note****************************** This is the very basic mapbox extension I got to work, it does some basic clustering and popup box functionality but it works.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

First I recommend that you check out this document:

Extension Object Basics.doc

Also, check out this template (it can help a lot):

Object Extension Templates

Here is the SDK just in case: QlikView Version 11 SDK

Check this extension from Brian Munz:

brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11 · GitHub

Mapbox looks cool, I will take a look at the stuff you can build with it.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jose,

It was very helpful, I have managed to get a version working thats' now attached with this post. It is rather simple but allows plenty of extra of functionality to be added with Mapbox.js i would consider it a good first step for further development as it seems mapbox has a lot of potential.

Not applicable
Author

Glad to help! Also, thanks for sharing the extension!