Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to order expressions

hi everyone. How can I order from the highest to the lowest value the expressions? I mean, for the dimensions you just on the folder Order and it's pretty easy. but what about expressions? For example I added the expression sum([Qty] and I would like the values to be in a decreasing order...is it possible??

12 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In the sort tab put a sort expression for the expression and use Aggr(sum([Qty]), YourDimensions)

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

For this

under sort sort tab for particular chart object

write sum([Qty]) for expression side and check on descending order

hope it helps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In the sort tab put a sort expression for the expression and use Aggr(sum([Qty]), [Dimension])

Not applicable
Author

in the sort tab I've the list only of my dimensions though...I cannot the expressions too..

Not applicable
Author

I've tried what you guys suggested me, but it's not working...I'm pretty sure I might have done something wrong...can someone provide me the screen shot of how it should be done (or explain me step by step what to do)???

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Also include the first dimension Reggioni(?) in your Aggr expression, so

Aggr(Sum([Qty]), Dimension1,Dimension2.....)

Not applicable
Author

I think you're looking the wrong chart...the chart Name is "Num Ordini Cliente/Articolo"...

tresesco
MVP
MVP

It is simpler than you think:

Screen Shot 07-22-14 at 05.55 PM.PNG.png

In the sort tab, take your expression column on top using 'Promote' button. Then select it->Numeric Value->Descending/Ascending (as you want).

Not applicable
Author

I thought it was that simpler, but in the sort tab I DON'T HAVE MY EXPRESSIONS, I see only the dimensions..