Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS doesn't appears "show IE plugin download" option

Hi experts,

I have installed QlikView Server 9.0 SBE SR2 and in the QEMC under general tab doesn't shows me the option to enable clients to download IE plugin.

is it a bug?

can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I cant seem to find a method of download the ieplugin directly from the Accesspoint.

You could send the URL out to those concerned to download the plugin directly from the server.

http://localhost/QvPlugin/QvPluginSetup.exe

relpace the localhost with the name of the server.

There is and option available to setup the access on a per document basis detailed below.

Go to the documents tab of the qemc, then user documents, select the qvw you want to add it to.

Wait a second for the Server Settings to appear. Right at the bottom under Access Points Access Methods you can tick the Download.

This will then be enabled on the access point don't forget to press apply and restart the Qlikview WebServer for good measure.

Regards

Neil

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

The path is QEMS - System Tab - open QlikView Web Servers and click on your web service - AccessPoint tab. There is an option on that page called "Show Link" under "Plugin Download".

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

I don't have that page!

Not applicable
Author

Stephen,

thanks for the quick reply but i don't have a folder named "AccessPoint" under QlikView Web Servers !

Andrea

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you can download IE Plugin from http://ovaas.com/

hope that helps

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

It is not a folder.

If you click on your web server "QVWS@your_server_name" then you will see a number of tabs - Summary, General, AccessPoint, Ajax, Web. Click on the "AccessPoint" tab.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Stephen is correct, once enabled the link appears in the top right of the access point,

Regards,

Neil

Not applicable
Author

Stephen,

I followed your instructions but I get only Summary and General tabs.

Andrea

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

May be a configuration issue with your system - might be worth looking at your various logs to see if there is any errors.

Anyway, you should be able to change it manually in the config file in ProgramData\QlikTech\QvWebServer. Add a new DownloadPluginUrl tag:

<QvsAuthenticationProt>Negotiate</QvsAuthenticationProt>

<DownloadPluginUrl>/QvPlugin/QvPluginSetup.exe</DownloadPluginUrl>

<AddCluster>

(the italicised tags are already there).
Stephen