Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plugin problem: App opens as a File Download

Hi!

I've got a problem with a new app which I haven't encountered so far. The app won't open with the IE Plugin on a particular browser, the one on our development server and instead the "File Download" dialog appears (see attached picture).

Other users in the company are able to open the app with the IE Plugin (same IE version, maybe other profiles active) so it could/should be a browser setting preventing the app from opening. But strangely this is the only app that can't be opened with the IE Plugin and since we can't change the IE settings on the development machine, we can't test the app. All other apps work fine with the plugin.

Any ideas?

We are using QV11.2 SR5 Server and Plugin and the IE is an IE 8 32-bit.

Thanks!

Chris

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks! The "tunneling problem" info send me in the right direction. There had to be something wrong with the url. Looking through it revealed a suspicious character replacement and somehow the IE plugin can't handle the "umlaut" (ö, ä, ü) in the app name on a few machines.

The solution was a simple name change. Distributing the app without the umlaut "ö" in the name and it can be opened via the IE plugin again!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would check what version of the plugin he has installed.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

One of my colleague was also facing same issue.

Go through

http://community.qlik.com/thread/126609

Sonali

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! The "tunneling problem" info send me in the right direction. There had to be something wrong with the url. Looking through it revealed a suspicious character replacement and somehow the IE plugin can't handle the "umlaut" (ö, ä, ü) in the app name on a few machines.

The solution was a simple name change. Distributing the app without the umlaut "ö" in the name and it can be opened via the IE plugin again!