Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

rowno rank

Hi community,

I have the expression rank(total rowno(total)) to get the number of rows in a chart.

But I have an issue with the performance of the expression because the data is too big.

Is there any alternative that can improve the performance and offers the same result?

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

use the same in Script end... What actually you are looking for using this expression?

Not applicable
Author

I dont want to add it in the script as I want it to dynamicaly calculate for every chart I use it.

I an using it to count the numbr of rows in the chart.

Any other ideas on how to better utilise the expression inside the chart?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

RowNo(total)  alone?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

The best is you already using... may be wait for some other Gurus to reply...

Rank(Total RowNo(TOTAL))

Not applicable
Author

RowNo(total) alone does not give the correct results inside the chart.

Is there any other way to take the max number of number of rows in a chart by using a different expression?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

NoOfRows(total) ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi tresesco thanks for the quick reply

This could be the correct answer. But I have not yet tested the performance of NoOfRows(total).

Out of your experiance which one do you think it performs best?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I have not tested with big data. Still, from general comprehension can say - it should be the one with single function (i.e - NoOfRows(total) ), because in the other one, qv has to operate on two functions -one on onother's output, which would be more costly in terms of performance.