Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Copy QVW to Qlik Sense Desktop

Hi Everyone,

I read FAQ http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-6922 about copy qvw to Qlik Sense Desktop.

Can I copy my QlikView 11 documents (qvw) to Qlik Sense Desktop?

Yes, but only limited parts (script) of your QlikView 11 documents will be able to convert into the Qlik Sense app (qvf) format.

How can I copy my qvw to Qlik Sense Desktop?

Thanks,

Shenne

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Shenne,

You can either drag and drop the .qvw file into Qlik Sense Desktop or place the file in C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps.

Once you save the app it will be saved as a .qvf file which is the native format for Sense.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Shenne,

You can either drag and drop the .qvw file into Qlik Sense Desktop or place the file in C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps.

Once you save the app it will be saved as a .qvf file which is the native format for Sense.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexander,

Yes it's working. I can see data model viewer.

But at App Overview is blank.

How can I import layout qvw to Qlik Sense Desktop?

Thank you Alexander.

Best Regards,

Shenne Tannavi

Not applicable
Author

That is as designed as the Objects are not migrated. From the QlikSense Help:

Creating an app from a QlikView document

If you have a QlikView document, you can use its load script and data model when creating an app in Qlik Sense. Visualizations, dimensions and measures have to be created using Qlik Sense.

http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/index.html#../Subsystems/Qlik_Sense_Desktop_help/Content/Loa...

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Shenne,

That is correct, when you open a qvw in Qlik Sense only the script is migrated and not the layout/objects.

Check out the FAQ for more information: Qlik Sense Support FAQ

Not applicable
Author

Ok thank you Alex.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your information.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

QlikView converter (you have this tool if you have Qlik Sense Desktop installed) - an option which was not yet mentioned. Together with script, it also imports dimensions, measures and visualisations as "Master items".

1. Open the main window in Qlik Sense Desktop, called Qlik Sense Desktop hub.

2. Click "..." on the top right

3. Choose Dev Hub

4. Choose QlikView converter

5. Drag the file, you will see the message "Document successfully processed" (click "Close")

6. You'll find you document listed on the left side, select it

7. On the bottom right click "Create app...", you will see the mesage "App created and is available in your Qlik Sense Hub".

8. Take a look at Qlik Sense Desktop hub, find the app there.

Now create a sheet and drag visualisations as a whole in or create charts and drag already created dimensions&measures.