Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

5-4-4 Fiscal Calendar

Hi,

First of all thanks to everybody for posting in this Community. I found a lot of really helpfull answers already here! 🙂

Nevertheless I now have an request and allthough I searched, I was not able to find an workable answer. Hopefully somebody can help.

I want to create an fiscal calendar in Qlikview.

I created a basic Mastercalendar in Qlikview and now I want to add fiscal year, fiscal month to the calendar. We use an 5-4-4 calendar where this fiscal year started at 31st of March. Untill now I was not able to find out how to do this.

Can you give me some advise on how to proceed? Thanks!

Kind regards,

Hans.

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your help... Unfortunately it's not completely as it should be... First of all I was wrong; the fiscal year starts at the 30th of March 2014... But this is not always the case...The calendar starts this year at the 30th of March, next year the 29th, next to that we will correct the calendar with an additional 5th week in December 2015... This is done once in the six years.

A regular year would look like:

April 5 wk

May 4 wk

Jun 4 wk

Jul 5 wk

Aug 4 wk

Sep 4 wk

Okt 5 wk

Nov 4 wk

Dec 4 wk

Jan 5 wk

Feb 4 wk

Mar 4 wk

So for 2015 (once in the 6 years) it will look like:

April 5 wk

May 4 wk

Jun 4 wk

Jul 5 wk

Aug 4 wk

Sep 4 wk

Okt 5 wk

Nov 4 wk

Dec 5 wk

Jan 5 wk

Feb 4 wk

Mar 4 wk

I know there are some applications to generate these calendars but it would be nescessary for reporting to have it in Qlikview.

Thanks for your help.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In that case it's probably easiest to create an excel file with all calendar data and simply load the data from the excel file into Qlikview. Or if another system already contains your calendar load the data from that system.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I hoped for a more structural solution, but this is also an solution... 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Hi Hans, First write the business logic or flow diagram to get the Logical Fiscal Calendar. After that write the Qlikview script to compile the your business Logic.