Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Visualize Document CALs

Hi,

What I need is a Qlikview Server "License Summary" for (User and) Document CALs.
I've tried this using the Qlikview Governance Dashboard, but I can't find the fields I need.

Governance Dashboard contains a field called Cal_Type (Document/Named User/None) and in combination with Qlikview sessions we can visualize Users for each document who actually used this document, not for those who didn't.

Does anyone know a way to show all assigned (Document) CALs?

Thanks in advance.
Fred

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

I needed the same thing once, and browsing through the community I came across this solution. Sorry, but I can´t find the source now.

You can use the CalData.pgo to create a QV app to show how many DOC Cals are assigned and to which users and apps.

• Stop the QVS service
  • In ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer edit the Settings.ini file
  • Below [Settings 7] add: PgoAsXmlAlso=1
  • Start the QVS service
  • You will find CalData.pgo.xml in your root folder.
  • The info is contained in PerDocumentCalData in the XML file.Caldata.jpg

This is also useful when you "Lose" DOC cals because you rename your .qvw files.

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jarebpat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Fred, Just wondering if you found a solution to this? We are working on a security Qlik App, where we need to see all the access users have to documents. We want the same summary, all the CALS users have assigned to documents. We can view this on the server management console, but haven't been able to bring it in to a table yet.

Thanks!

Not applicable

I needed the same thing once, and browsing through the community I came across this solution. Sorry, but I can´t find the source now.

You can use the CalData.pgo to create a QV app to show how many DOC Cals are assigned and to which users and apps.

• Stop the QVS service
  • In ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer edit the Settings.ini file
  • Below [Settings 7] add: PgoAsXmlAlso=1
  • Start the QVS service
  • You will find CalData.pgo.xml in your root folder.
  • The info is contained in PerDocumentCalData in the XML file.Caldata.jpg

This is also useful when you "Lose" DOC cals because you rename your .qvw files.

Regards,

Diego

jarebpat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks! Just found other threads with same solution about this and was just about to test! Awesome!

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Diego, Works like a Charm!