Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruno_martins_l
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

It's possible to

Hello,

I am testing the Qlikview Sense Desktop and I want save the QVF in my projet directory with my source files, but I don't see the menu for Save in a directory.

I don't see the menu to open a QVF in another directory that C:/User/Documents/Qlik/Sense.

Can you help me please ?

Kind regards,

Bruno

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Bruno,

All assets and resulting QVF files are being handled by the QlikSense client. You cannot point to a different directory.

Kind Regards!

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Bruno,

Apps are saved each time you click on "Save" button in the folder

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

If you want to load another QVF, either copy the file to this folder, then reload the Hub, or drag and drop it to your hub.

Miguel

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Bruno,

All assets and resulting QVF files are being handled by the QlikSense client. You cannot point to a different directory.

Kind Regards!

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
bruno_martins_l
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for your answer.

If we want to put the QVF with the other sources of a projet, how we can do this ? Because is not very easy to put all of the Windows path in the load script, and if we want to put the project in a server for exemple we need to change all of paths manuelly ? How we can put the QVF in the server if we develop in a Qlikview Sense desktop in another computer ?

Kind regards,

Bruno

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Bruno,

As the name of the product implies, this is Qlik Sense Desktop, it is not intended for Server use but for Personal use. The whole Sense Server offering will be available later on this year.

If you want to share your QVFs, send them to the person you want to share with.

Miguel

bruno_martins_l
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Ok thanks.

And for the Path in the load script, we need to put all windows path for each source file and don't use the relatif path (..\). Is not very easy to use if we want change the directory to another disk for example.

Thanks for yours answers.

Bruno

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Bruno,

That is right. One of the requirements for sharing is that all files (QVF, folders, even program files) are in the same exact location in all computers.

Miguel