Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

Installation problem (always rolls back)

Every time I try to install Qlik Sense the script appears to get right to the end and then rolls back. My IT guys get the same error even with full admin rights. I've attached the logs to this post, can someone please assist in identifying the problem?

46 Replies
kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

OK i've tried removing any trace of the product I could find in ProgramData and in my Users folders. I've rebooted and then tried installing by running as administrator. Still same error.

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

OK after sifting through the logs it looks like the script installs the desktop client without issue but then fails to install the demo apps, so it rolls back the ENTIRE installation.

Is there no one else getting this error? Can you provide a separate application and demo apps installation file?

Not applicable

Did you cleaned also the Package Cache before the installation? Maybe something is wrong with the MSI Package for the demo apps. Maybe also try to download again the SetUp, seen sometimes issues durring install when not the complete Executable was downloaded (for me it is 121 MB)

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the response Daniel. The package cache is empty already - I've rooted around in every folder I can think of (ProgramData, Users, Package Cache, Program Files, AppData, Windows/Installer, etc) to try and remove any trace of previous install attempts. I tried downloading the file again based on your suggestion but no luck.

Not applicable

Hello Kourosh, I found this error in the log file:

Error 0x80070643 adn googled it, found this article:

http://sourceforge.net/p/wix/bugs/2677/ which is pointing towards insufficient privilieges when installing software. This article describes quite good what you should look into a bit deeper. I hope this helps you solve the problem.

Kind Regards

Katarina

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for this Anna.

According to the logs the install uses MSIINSTALLPERUSER="1" ALLUSERS="2" arguments, therefore forcing a per user context. OK, this supports the privileges problem argument. So how do I force a per-machine context? (if that is even possible?)

From MSDN: "If the user has user access privileges, the installer performs a per-machine installation only if Admin credentials are provided to the UAC dialog box."

I do not have UAC turned on, and therefore do not expect (or receive) any UAC dialog; and running the executable as admin does not seem to switch to a per-machine context according to the logs, as the arguments above are still passed.

So I'm stuck again...

Not applicable

Hi,

The problems seems to be when installing the Demo apps:

Product: Qlik Sense DemoApps -- Installation failed.

The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory \\uk21pfsr003\home\kxghov

Are you using Roaming Profile? The demo apps are installed in the Documents folder and if using Roaming profile the Documents are redirected to a network folder. If so the problem could be that you do not have the permissions to write to this folder.

Best Regards,
Hanna

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hanna that is very helpful thank you. Finally getting to the root of the issue.

We don't have roaming profiles, but we do have a re-direct on home folders to that server location. I have write access to that location so I don't understand why that would be a problem.

If the demo apps are causing the issue, can't Qlik provide a copy of the installer without them? And why would the entire installation roll back just because the demo apps failed?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Desktop is hard wired to have all the QVFs (aka visualization apps) in the documents folder on the hard drive.  The software does not allow for storing QVFs on a share drive.   In order for Qlik Sense Desktop to work write access to you documents folder on the c drive is required.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kourosh,

From the logfiles you uploaded:

Product: Qlik Sense DemoApps -- Error 1310. Error writing to file: \\uk21pfsr003\home\kxghov\Qlik\Examples\Extensions\AngularChart\com-qliktech-angularchart.js.  System error 0.  Verify that you have access to that directory.

Does that give you or your IT people any hints? Can you get to that folder if you type that in the Start button?

Miguel