Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpiocpio
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Sense Desktop and Windows 7 Ultimate

On attempting to install throws a message stating needs newer version of windows?

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Mike,

It is an upgraded computer? The log states:

"Condition 'VersionNT64 >= v6.1' evaluates to false."

Meaning that either it is not a x64 OS (your computer might be, but not the OS version) or that it has some troubles reading from Windows 7 (some missing upgrades maybe?)

More info about checking 32-64 bits version Windows OS here:

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows ope...

Miguel

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Mike,

Qlik Sense Desktop requires a 64-bit version of your operating system.

Once Qlik Sense Server is launched you will be able to use Sense through your web browser using the server version of Sense. Then you can use whatever operating system you like as long you are using a supported browser.

cpiocpio
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Win 7 Ultimate is 64 bit, well it has a (x86) folder.

Why do I need SERVER, it is the replacement for Personal Edition Destop Application I was advised

Mike

pbr
Employee
Employee

Can you post a screenshot of the error and the properties window for the computer (Start Menu - Right click on My Computer - Properties). Just want to see it in action.

pbr
Employee
Employee

Also, if you could send the install log - located C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp. It might show us something else.

cpiocpio
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

See Log file and screen dumps attached

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Mike,

It is an upgraded computer? The log states:

"Condition 'VersionNT64 >= v6.1' evaluates to false."

Meaning that either it is not a x64 OS (your computer might be, but not the OS version) or that it has some troubles reading from Windows 7 (some missing upgrades maybe?)

More info about checking 32-64 bits version Windows OS here:

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows ope...

Miguel

cpiocpio
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Well I am confused, yes this used to a windows 8, needless to say that got dumped, but i was pretty sure, the disk for formatted and then Windows 7 put on.

However there is an X86 folder (My usual check for 32 vs 64), on checking in Control Panel it is infact 32bit. So lesson learnt there :  Dont rely on the fact this folder exists!!

Many thanks

Small Note To QV. Had fun just trying to determine what the OS requirements are for SENSE is. The QV support desk had difficulty supplying info. I did find it eventually on the community. However, since you have Videos etc showing install and operation, the OS requirements were absent/ignored.