Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error message when trying to connect to an ODBC data source

Hi All, I'm new to Qlik sense, receiving this error message when trying to connect to an ODBC data source, which I can connect to with no problem in Qlkview 11,  error message:"You do not have access to a script data source", any advice appreciated.

10 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

James,

Are you logged in as the same account that Qlikview works? or a different account?

gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

First, make sure it is a System DSN and not a User DSN.

Second, make sure it is a x64 bit version of the ODBC driver, since in Windows you can have both (32 and 64).

Miguel

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

In QlikView - are you forcing  32-bit?

Sense is 64-bit only, so perhaps you need to configure a 64-bit version of the ODBC driver.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Giuseppe_Novello

Dear James,

I do not see any response? I notice you are going over and over, are you having problem with the Qomunity posts?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi James - I needed to update the title of the post. We also were not receiving any of your replies, they were coming across blank. It might have been related to the title being so long or something.

Please review the proposed solutions and let us know how you make out.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I was able to connect to a Notes 32 bit driver with no problems.

I got an error when I added connect 32, but without that line all was good.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks to all for your help, also apologies, i'm very new to the community and just finding my way around.

I have now managed to connect to the database by manually setting the datasource here :

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe, The 32 bit option in system dsn then became available and connected first time.

James

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help and advice.

James

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help and advice.

James