Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make data points larger on maps?

I can add points to a map, but how can I control their size?

Cheers

Tom

map.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Tom - just following up on this older post to inform you in case you or others have not seen it. With version 1.0 of Qlik Sense (both Desktop and the Sense Platform) - you can now change the relevant size of the points.

You do this under the point layer section in the properties panel - using the Bubble size slider.

If this does now answer your specific question, please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

I've seen this video, but in this case a measure is used to size the points.  What if I want to make them all bigger (but keep the relative sizes the same based on the measure).

In the case of the video, the author should want to make them all smaller to reduce the overlap (and then apply borders and transparency which also doesn't seem possible) as the points all lie on top of each other.

Tom

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Tom,

Currently there isn't a way to adjust the point size.  Qlik Sense should automatically select an appropriate size point.

In your screen shot the dots too appear to be quite small compared to what I'm seeing in maps I have create.  Would it be possible for you to share the QVF?

-Josh

Not applicable
Author

Yep, just trying to work out how to attach it...

Not applicable
Author

I'm stuck...  how do I attach to a reply?  do I need to start a new thread?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

In the top right of the response dialogue you will see "Use Advanced editor". 

2014-07-29 23_34_43-How to make data points larger on maps_ _ Qlik Community.png

Once you click on that there is an "Attach" in in the bottom left of the response dialogue.

2014-07-29 23_35_50-Reply to Re_ How to make data points larger on... _ Qlik Community.png

Not applicable
Author

attached.

I don't think it makes sense for the tool to decide the size of the points - this is something the user should have control of (although the default size should be appropriate of course).

Cheers

Tom

Not applicable
Author

hi Tom,

i think it possible in sense to re-size the points without the measurement

regards

Gernan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We will add a control so the user can change the size of the points through property panel.

Best,

Quan