Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

QlikView_System_Monitor - how to set up DistributionService?

Hi,

a very basic and straightforward question:

- I have installed the QlikView_System_Monitor

- I have access (RO, but that should suffice, no?) to the Logs from the DistributionService

<=> How do I set up that path in the System_Monitor? There seems to be no button for it, or more probably I have missed it.

(I know there's a long sequence of comments and questions and answers attached to the document, but that's - well, quite long and not too well structured.)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

12 Replies
Not applicable

Right, that is for the Server, for the Distribution Server the Logs saved in the Application Data Folder under Distribution Services -> General

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

that would be it. So that would be somewhere like "C:/application_data\users..."?

Well, the C drive of the server is out of  bounds for me and I think that will stay that way until further notice.

How and where would we have to edit the settings to have those logs written to "E\QlikView_Logs\DistributionService" (another folder on the Share that I can see)?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

just to give you all a little update on the status:

On Friday (after tomorrow) or hopefully soon, we'll have another telco with our consultant and we will set QlikView up to store all of the log_files it creates on the E_drive where I can access them instead of the default path.

It remains very improbable that I'll get full access to the server - but this is really like the weather in the mountains - everything can change very quickly 😉

I'll be back here as soon as there are any news and I can proceed.

Best regards,

DataNibbler