Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating expressions in Qlik Sense

Hi,

How do I create expressions using the various inbuilt functions in Qlik? In the Add Expression dialog basis, I only see the basic aggregations, and not the various functions (eg for Date Manipulation) that were visible earlier.

I see that intellisense is also not enabled by default, though if type the function, say , MonthName, it works.

4 Replies
senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

All are there and try to open the script by selecting fx (add expression) and you can use possible functions as usual and modify  the expression ( make it a set analysis)

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I had reached the expression box, and i know that I can type in the expression. But am unable to access/see the list of functions available for use, nor do I see intellisense prompting me with the correct expression name as I start typing.

Is this feature no longer available in the current version of Sense?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Intellisense may not work now (it will), but the help and all the functions are here.

Miguel

EDIT: See attached, yo do have some tips when using a function in the expression editor.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

Hope the next version is released soon. Sense does look interesting, and a very courageous decision by QlikTech to redesign ground up, a clean break from the original QlikView software. I am sure we can expect rapid improvements in the next few releases. But for those who have spent some time working on QlikView, and were used to capabilities, Sense demands some amount of patience.