Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we change the quarantine period?

Right now the quarantine period is 24 hours. Is it possible to change to 12 hours (or other values)?

Also if I have 5 document cal license installed, if a user has not logon to the system for more than 24 hours, can his document cal being removed by restarting the QV server? Do we need to go to the QMC to manually delete it? I saw on the QMC that user cals can be deleted by restarting the serivice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You cannot alter the quarantine period of the CALs.

Cals are removed automatically after the 24-hour quarantine period.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You cannot alter the quarantine period of the CALs.

Cals are removed automatically after the 24-hour quarantine period.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick reply.

Does it mean that cals can be removed automatically after 24 hours quarantine period and we do not need to manually go to the QMC to delete the users and we do not need to restart the services?

Not applicable
Author

Yes,restarting the services is also an option.

After you clicked the remove button for the assigned CAL the system will generate a date and time(UTC) for the CAL to be removed. You have to wait 24hours for the CAL to be used by another person.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If we restart the services every night, will it clear all document users cals that have passed the quarantine period automatically?

Do I still need to go to QEMC to delete the users first, and then restart the services to actually delete it?

Not applicable
Author

For what i experienced I qlikview will automatically unassign the CAL once the date and time generated by the system passed.

You have to manually delete the CAL and then the system(QEMC) will automatically generate the time and date.

Not applicable
Author

Is there a point to the quarantine period?  It is sometimes inconvenient.