Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Functionality in application lost when running AJAX

Hi,

I've created a qvw and then generated webpages directly from the developer thru the "pagegenerator".
Put everything up on the server and added the htm-pages on the AJAX folder.

When viewing the app with /AJAX/..../defalut.htm I get differences in functionality. I have a textobject with a trigger giving it a command to go to another page in the app.... nothing happens. If I have triggers on a Botton istead it works. I don't want to use the button because I only want it to look like a normal weblink.

Any idea on why this happens?

I'm running QV9 (9.0.7320.7).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Martin,

There is a list of AJAX limitations on page 299 of the QVS Reference Manual. From that page: "There is no direct connection available to the sheets in the QVW document, but it is very easy to create the same functionality using HTML frames and tabs." It's a little unclear what this means, but it might be referring to your problem. On the other hand, the next page states that "Actions can be executed via buttons and objects" in AJAX. So I would try reducing security, or adding the server into your list of Trusted Sites, or trying the action with a different browser. Also, AJAX is JavaScript obviously, so when it fails, what is the error message?

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Martin,

Can I first ask you why you are manually generating AJAX pages with QV9? Are you not using QlikView Server (which would autogenerate the pages)? To answer your question: macros have serious restrictions in AJAX, and there are usually some problems. There is not too much that can be done about this other than changing clients (something that is only possible in QVS).

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

I need to pregenerate the pages due to the web security for the website where the app will be published.
Do you know if there is a document with info on the restrictions of actions/triggers in AJAX. I'm only using the predefined actions available on the objects. I haven't created any macros on my own.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Martin,

There is a list of AJAX limitations on page 299 of the QVS Reference Manual. From that page: "There is no direct connection available to the sheets in the QVW document, but it is very easy to create the same functionality using HTML frames and tabs." It's a little unclear what this means, but it might be referring to your problem. On the other hand, the next page states that "Actions can be executed via buttons and objects" in AJAX. So I would try reducing security, or adding the server into your list of Trusted Sites, or trying the action with a different browser. Also, AJAX is JavaScript obviously, so when it fails, what is the error message?

Regards,