Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

JDBC Connector to Cobol - URL path

Dears,

I'm trying to connect to files created in cobol.

For that, I installed the jdbc connector (32bit) and used the library file Cobol_JDBC30.jar.

After which I was able to see the JDBCConnector.dll (32) in the list of databases in the edit script.

It's now asking for a url to be configured.

Can anyone provide some tips for how to create this url ?

Thx.

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Surely Ralf, that's not the intention at all.

And I already have java installed from java website (java 7 update 60). So jvm.dll was already there and I replaced this file alone.

But when I first tried using the 64-bit connector within QV, I was getting an error:

"Can't load the jvm.dll. Please make sure it's properly configured."

However the 32-bit worked fine except for the "occurs" syntax.

It was a suggestion from someone who had same problem within oracle to replace the jvm with a 64-bit version and it appeared to be logical having the above error.

So as per your reply, do you suggest I uninstall java-related software and reinstall your connector ?

I don't have any previous jdbc connector installations, the trial connector is the first one I install on my laptop.

Thanks.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

You can deinstall the connector, install Java 64bit, reinstall the connector. But, as I said I guess the issue is not related to this.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Indeed, after installing java 64-bit, I was able to choose related connector and reload data.

However I still get the [Ljava.lang.Object;@bb1bc4 in the field declared as "occurs".

What are my options now to make this work ?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

As I said earlier our professional services could investigate the issue and could probably build a solution..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Dear Ralf,

Further to the above and to discuss how your professional services could investigate this issue, please provide me with your email address such that we discuss next steps.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Dear Joseph,

this is my email address: ralf.becher@tiq-solutions.de

Regards,

Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP

To unnest OCCURS n TIMES columns you have to address them by index in the SELECT statement:

SELECT mycolumn(0) as mycolumn1, mycolumn(1) as mycolumn2, ... etc.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Many thanks for your help Ralf

Adding a select statement and explicitly listing the array fields solved it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf, Im having troubles making a conecction to dat files, made it with PowerCobol, dosnt have idx file or cpy files.

how can I select all columns without know it?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

If you made the file I guess you have the data structure somewhere in the code and you can store it as cpy file?

Astrato.io Head of R&D