Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document Access for multiple Users CAL

Hallo QV geniuses,

I thought it was gonna be easy but when I tried to play with the document access in the server, I can't seem to make it work.

1. I am using DMZ authorization.

2. I have 3 clients(A,B,C).

3. I have 2 documents(File1,File2).

4. I have 100 DOC Cals

What I want is:

1. Client A and B will access File1 but NOT File2.

2. Client C will access both files.

But the problem is:

1. When I change the authorisation to "ALL authenticated users" in File2, ClientA and ClientB CAN ACCESS IT.

How can I limit File2 so that only Client C can access it?

Thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

If you're only using Document CALs, just assign those CALs to the users you want to have access.  It sounds like you may be using Named User CALs though, which would give them access to any documents.  If that's the case, and you're using DMS, only allow access to Named Users and name the particular users (or groups) that you want to have access.

Alternately, you can use Section Access.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

If you're only using Document CALs, just assign those CALs to the users you want to have access.  It sounds like you may be using Named User CALs though, which would give them access to any documents.  If that's the case, and you're using DMS, only allow access to Named Users and name the particular users (or groups) that you want to have access.

Alternately, you can use Section Access.

Not applicable
Author

Ok I made it to work. But I have another problem:

I have a FileC that is accessible to ALL USERS because it's a demo file. Meaning anyone who clicks on the demo file will instantly open the file. But when a user logs-in, they will see the demo file.

Is it possible that when a user logins with his username/password, he will not see the demo file in his Access Point?

Thanks

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Not if it's one of our DEMO files as you can't add Section Access.  Otherwise you would be able to add Section Access so they would not see it.

Because you are using DMS and "All Users", this is the only way to lock it down.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Where will I set the section access? You mean inside the script? Or in the server? I am not into section access yet so I don't have much info.

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Not applicable
Author

I find it confusing when I have DMZ and ALL USERS. How can I lock someone when ALL USERS is used?

For example in the script, I made a section access for user A and B. So how can I lock them so that they can't see the file when they login in the server?