Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Task distributing report sends application instead of PDF

Hi Guys,

I managed to create a task for distribution of reports from my application. It works, yet it sends the whole application, instead of only PDF. What's more, it ignores email written as inline table:

OVERRIDDEN MAIL: pawel.sowa@nooxtech.pl

I've created a task by the book, it looks properly.

Anyone can tell me what can be wrong here?

I'm attaching details from system log. Thank you in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Pawel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you license doesn't have that feature enabled, you will not be able to send reports as PDFs

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Pawel,

If you have OVERRIDDEN MAIL: pawel.sowa@nooxtech.pl it will send everything to that email address. I am assuming this is a continuation from the question the other day.

If you look at your LEF do you have the below in it?

PDF_GENERATION;YES;;

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hello Bill,

Yes, of course it is a continuation of my other question (I will get back to you there as we are nearly through it).

I can't see PDF_GENERATION parameter in LEF, but in system details I see:

PDF Distribution Allowed = No

What shall I do then? Is distribution of PDFs even possible in such circumstances? Shall we purchase other license type?

Thanks!

Pawel

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you license doesn't have that feature enabled, you will not be able to send reports as PDFs

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Yes, I see that the PDF distribution needs separate licensing:

My server is showing "PDF distribution allowed" as "No" but I have publisher license. What is "PDF ...

And how about this overridden email? I expected to receive reports on THAT email, instead they are sent to other user that is assigned to my application...

Kind regards,
Pawel