Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

QMC - tab "Documents" not available...

Hi,

I have a very strange problem with the QMC: It is working in principle, all the tabs are doing what they should - only the tab "Documents" does not - it is visible, I can click it, but then the system never stops loading

=> I cannot schedule new apps for automatic reload as I should do from time to time and I cannot start any apps which are not

yet scheduled for they don't show up on the "status" tab.

Can anyone think of any reason why this could be happening?

Could you telll me what I should have a look at, or ask IT to have a look at (for I cannot access the server on which the QMC is hosted)?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: At the moment we are again experiencing a very strange phenomenon on the QV_Server - problems in the automatic reload, not always, but always the same, with the same app and the same table_to_load and only a few minutes in duration (meaning that when we start the same app manually a few minutes later, it works) ...

14 Replies
Not applicable

Looks like an issue the Management Service need to long to read the list of Documents. Any change done in the last time since it worked?

Not applicable

Hi Data,

What version are you running?

I have seen the problem you described (back in v11 sr1 I think it was) when the CAL pgo file has become corrupted,

the system just keeps on loading like that (and you can't assign categories to documents or create tasks)

Go to your system tab and then licenses and view your assigned CALs. Are they all showing up okay? When the pgo is corrupted the list will appear blank.

Joe

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Joe,

we are now running 11.2 SR7 - just updated last Tuesday (July 22) from 11.0 - didn't have the problem until Saturday, though... but the QlikTech servicedesk told us something about that file being corrupted when I opened a ticket with them because of Log_files growing too big... - no, I just reread the email I sent, they assumed that the QVPR - whatever - might be corrupted.

I can ask a colleague from IT to get them both out and send them to me so I can forward them.

Indeed, the "System" tab does the same - it loads and never ends to do so.

Where would that CAL file be?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

If it also hapens on System Tab this can be a corrupt QVPR, as all settigns in there are loaded on these tabs.

Not applicable

Hi Data,

it will be the CalData.pgo file located in your root folder. You can't as standard open that file and take a look but there is a setting to create a duplicate in xml that you can then have a look at (for the life of me I can't remember how to set that though, it should be in the server manual).

When my client experienced this issue, I had a look at this XML and discovered that there was some machine ID's that QV couldn't handle due to the characters present in the ID (non hexadecimal I believe). Only way to resolve was to re-image the offending machine or delete out the pgo file.

This was back in sr1 like I say though, so might not be the exact thing you are experiencing, but worth having a look

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

OK,

thank you very much!

I'll have a colleague get the file from the server for me and I'll forward it to QlikTech.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

Try to get also the PGO Files, just to ensure Support have all Data

amilafdo
Creator
Creator

Hi,

1st stop the QV services & rename Caldata.pgo file then start the services.

Thanks

Amila

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Amila,

I suppose the renaming is supposed to be a backup in case something goes wrong?

And then - will QlikView re-create that file if it isn't available?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler