Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SR3 Publisher Issue

We just upgraded to SR3 over the weekend from SR1. When I try and add new users to a distibution task I get the below error message:

"Invalid Request: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Any ideas what's going on?

thanks,

rob

14 Replies
johnan
Creator III
Creator III

Did you unistall SR1 before?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I uninstalled SR1 before installing SR3.

johnan
Creator III
Creator III

Does all QV services running?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, all services are running without issue.

johnan
Creator III
Creator III

I know in early bug, you cannot use same user when installning. Try swith user in services.

(QlikView Directory Service Connector, QlikView Distribution Service)

Not applicable
Author

That's interesting that you mention that. I had to use my user id and password for this install instead of our normal system userid and password. I tried switching it back on Monday but the services would not strart up. Do I have to uninstall SR3 and re-install with the the different userid in order for it to work?

johnan
Creator III
Creator III

No, just change user in services or check that the user you have right now is a member in QlikView Administrators and Administrator groups.

Not applicable
Author

I changed the userid that runs the services. Unfortunately, that did not fix the issue...

Any other ideas?

thanks,

rob

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If you're on 2008 then rename this folder: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech or on 2003 this C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\QlikTech

That should remove your configuration. If it works but you want to keep your configuration, then install SR2 and then SR3.