Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SR3 Publisher Issue

We just upgraded to SR3 over the weekend from SR1. When I try and add new users to a distibution task I get the below error message:

"Invalid Request: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Any ideas what's going on?

thanks,

rob

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I got the same right after upgrading to SR3 from SR2. Restarting the Directory service (AD) fixed it for me.

Not applicable
Author

Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I've restarted the server as well as all of the QlikView services and still continue to have the error. This error only arises when I try and add users in the QMC. If I try adding users n the QEMC it works fine. I've logged the issue with QlikTech customer support and they were able to replicate my issue and are logging it as a software bug.

rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We have the same issue. Thanks for the tip here. The AD works in QEMC but not QMC. I know that there is a new build of SR3 coming soon. Did QlikView say if this fix would be included?

Not applicable
Author

Below is what the Support team said:

"Your recent support case as described below has been confirmed by our QA department as a bug, ID 25945.

Workaround is to use QEMC.

Update: Defect 25945 has been approved by R&D, however due to uncertainties regarding potential related problems and program priorities we cannot guarantee a fix date at this time. Closing Case.

Please note that although every effort is made to fix bugs QlikTech reserves the right to delay and/or remove the fix at any time. "

I guess in the next SR3 release we can look for bug ID=25945 to see if it has been fixed.

rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looks to me like this is not resolved in the 7440 build of QV 9.0 SR3.