Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lblancher
Partner - Contributor III

LDAP DSC in Qlikview 9

Hi,

I am trying to connect a Directory Service Connector to a MS ADAM ldap server. I was wondering if any one has had any luck getting QV9 to work with an ldap server? I have tried to configure the "Active Directory" DSC with my ldap configuration but I can't tell if it is working. I am not getting a list of user's when I try to add a user to an app. Could someone give me some pointers on configuring an ldap DSC?

Lucas

9 Replies
johnan
Creator III
Creator III

The QlikView Directory Service Connector must be running with a account thats member in LDAP

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Lucas,

I'm guessing that you're actually using DMS and you're trying to add users in the Authorization tab of each document? If that's the case, you won't see any users and you will need to enter them manually. In the Distribution tab of a document task, however, you should be able to see a popup that will list your users. If you can't find your users, it could also be that it's configured properly but you just are listing the usernames wrong. QlikView is very finicky in that dialog. An easy way to test this is with a restricted wildcard search. For example, search for Admin* and you should see (at least) Administrator and the Administrators group.

As far as configuring the LDAP address itself: normally the "Get Default' address is enough. However, if you're having issues, change it to Distinguished Name format. For example, the regular address would be LDAP://test.mydomain.com. The Distinguished Address would then be: LDAP://DC=test,DC=mydomain,DC=com. Using this format helps with a few miscellaneous issues (like using AD groups with DMS authentication).

Regards,

lblancher
Author

Thank you Vlad, by enter them manually you mean to just use the "Custom Directory" DSC?

Thanks,

Lucas

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

So you are using DMS correct? You probably don't need the Custom Directory--this is just used when you need users who are not in the AD. What I meant is that if you are using DMS, you will see an Authorization tab under User Document. You would enter the usernames manually here. In Source Documents, you don't need to enter them manually since the user-browser should be available. So basically, the only time you would need to enter the users manually is if you are hosting QVWs that are not being redistributed. If you are not using DMS, then nothing needs to be entered manually.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

lblancher
Author

Our QVS is in DMS mode, correct. I was just hoping to use Groups to be able to organize users, instead of assigning each user to each QVW.

Lucas

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

OK, that's a perfect example of a case where you would need to specify your LDAP address in distinguished format. You should then be able to use AD groups by either entering them manually in User Documents or selecting them inside Source Documents. I'm not sure why QDC requires that the address be in distinguished format for groups to work, but that's been my experience.

Regards,

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

The QVW which tries to load the data from LDAP loads only the partial data frequently. We are unable to find the root cause of the issue as the QVW doesn't fails but it loads only the partial data.Can someone please help us to identify the root cause of the issue. It has been happening from quite a long time but we didn't succeed in finding the root cause of the issue. Hope someone can help us for the same.

Regards,

qvforum

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I remember something about this a long time ago. I believe it is an AD issue in that you can only query so much data from the AD.  This is to stop a denial of service attack. However, I might be wrong.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Bill,

Thanks for response. This is not happening everyday. This is happening once or twice in a week. Problem is it retrieves partial data once or twice a week as discussed above. If it as something to do much querying only this much of data then it must be happening everyday. But in our case it is happening everyday but couple of days in week. Hope the issue is understandable now.

Regards,

qvforum