Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Data seemingly restricted via AccessPoint?

Hi,

I have a very strange phenomenon - in only one app right now, but I remember having seen it in another one:

When opening the app via the AccessPoint (it opens in the browser, using AJAX), the available data seems to be restricted to July - when in fact there is data from this and even from last year (I can see it when I open it in the client).
Can anyone make a rhyme of this?
Thanks a lot!
Best regards,
DataNibbler
P.S.: Also, the URL that is triggered when I click on a button in my Mgmt_Dashboard seems to interact with sth.: Sometimes, the current week is already selected although it isn't part of the URL - at other times a bookmark that is in the URL is disregarded ...
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Is one of the developers trying to add Section Access to the script?  A changing SA portion of the script could explain all of this.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Chris,

nope - the developer in this instance was me and there is no SA in that app. Generally, SA is only implemented in my HR_apps.

There are no sheet_level_triggers either. We noticed long ago that these work unreliably in AJAX and consequently we put all the necessary triggers on the navigation_buttons used to open a sheet.

Well, the most important thing is that the correct sheet is opening - everything else is only a matter of some clicks.

It would be more elegant to have all the necessary selections applied, but ok ...

Thanks a lot anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

No problem.  Also try turning off Session Recovery, that has the potential to cause these issues as well.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Chris,

I guess that would be browser-specific, not anything I can set in the QMC? Where would that be than?

Thanks a lot!

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Oh, no, Session Recovery is a QV function in the Management Console under System > Setup > QlikView Servers > server > Documents

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Ah... all the better, then I can change that setting myself without physically going to every single monitor we have all over the place.

Should that work "at once" when changed or does it require something to be restarted before taking effect?

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

It should happen at once.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Chris,

sorry, this is a while ago - I have noticed something very strange: Something (a selection) seems to sometimes get stuck somewhere:

=> Just now when I clicked that button to open the URL (with a sheet specified and the selection of the current year), it opened, with the data seemingly available only for August - only there happens to be no data for August, so the chart was blank.

=> I clicked on the starting_page (within the app, still in the browser) and back again - and all the data was visible.

That does seem like there is no great problem as all the data is there after all, but it does make working on those URLs something of a game_of_luck. I'd rather not pass any selections as URL_parameters then, which is a bit unfortunate, but well, you only have to click the navigation_button for the particular chart and all the default_selections are applied.