Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

QMC - tab "Documents" not available...

Hi,

I have a very strange problem with the QMC: It is working in principle, all the tabs are doing what they should - only the tab "Documents" does not - it is visible, I can click it, but then the system never stops loading

=> I cannot schedule new apps for automatic reload as I should do from time to time and I cannot start any apps which are not

yet scheduled for they don't show up on the "status" tab.

Can anyone think of any reason why this could be happening?

Could you telll me what I should have a look at, or ask IT to have a look at (for I cannot access the server on which the QMC is hosted)?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: At the moment we are again experiencing a very strange phenomenon on the QV_Server - problems in the automatic reload, not always, but always the same, with the same app and the same table_to_load and only a few minutes in duration (meaning that when we start the same app manually a few minutes later, it works) ...

14 Replies
amilafdo
Creator
Creator

Hi Data,
Yes. QV create the new PGO file. and also can you check whether your licencse has activated properly.

Thanks

Amila

Not applicable

Hi Data,

Did you eventually get this resolved?  I am currently experiencing similar in both my environments, where both loading the "User Documents" and the "System" tab is continually loading.

Thanks,

John

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi John,

yes, we did get it resolved, but I don't know why it happened - there was a problem on the QV_Server where one process (qvb.exe or so) was running wild and filling up near all available RAM. We stopped that and RAM_usage went down dramatically.

Check what your QV_server is doing. Unfortunately, since I don't know the exact reason and background, that's the best hint I can give you.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

In case it is useful to know, I had a similar issue, where the system and document tabs were not showing information (/not responding) and restarting all the qlikview the services manually (run services.msc) did the job.

Not applicable

I´m facing the same issue since upgrade last week to QV 11.2 SR8 32-bit.

"Documents" tab is loading very long but it appear after a while.

Other tabs (Status,System...) are loading normal.

Any suggestions??