Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

Installation problem (always rolls back)

Every time I try to install Qlik Sense the script appears to get right to the end and then rolls back. My IT guys get the same error even with full admin rights. I've attached the logs to this post, can someone please assist in identifying the problem?

46 Replies
kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Miguel,

Yup this is the cause of the problem. We have local profiles but the home directory is routed to a network location. The demo apps refuse to install in that network location, despite the fact I have full read/write access.

It's frustrating because the desktop app installs to the C: without problem, it's just the demo apps that are causing an issue and rolling back everything.

In any case, I've asked for a support ticket to be raised to see if I can get a copy of the installer without the demo apps.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Good to hear that. I hope you get your hands on the product as soon as possible!

Miguel

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Just for a little clarity, an install without the demo apps will not solve your issue.  Qlik Sense Desktop requires ALL apps (QVFs) to be in a specific folder on the c-drive. If you had an install that did not include demo app and you got it install correctly you would not be able use Qlik Sense Desktop because you would still need to write to the c-drive to create and save the apps.

Unfortunately, your only possible solution is to install Qlik Sense Desktop on a machine that where you can write to the c-drive.

-Josh

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Josh, how do you intend to market this product to companies who mandate roaming profiles?

Why can't we manually change the folder where these apps save?

(Just to clarify, I can write to the C: without issue. It's just my 'home' folder is not on the C:)

Not applicable

This is only for QlikSense Desktop what is the free Version of QlikSense comming in September.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Desktop is the free desktop version of the full Qlik Sense product that will be available in Sept.  The full paid version will give you much more freedom to deploy Qlik Sense as you wish.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Kourosh,

This may not solve your issue with the Folder redirection that you experience, but you can extract the MSI-files from the exe using:

Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe -layout "C:\tmp"

There will be a folder named AttachedContainer and in it you will find SenseDesktop.msi and DemoApps.msi. You can then execute SenseDesktop.msi only to see if that works for you.

About the Folder Redirection I cannot say what's causing the issue in your environment. I made a quick test putting up Folder Redirection (not roaming profiles) to redirect the Documents folder to my file server and I had no issues installing Sense (with the DemoApps). The again, Folder Redirection can be done in a number of ways, depending on environment (I only tried it in a pure Windows 2012 / Windows 8.1 environment) so it can be quite tricky to troubleshoot.

Hope the above "workaround" gets you further trying out Sense.

Not applicable

I also cannot install. It rolled back. Can you please advise about the error in this log file (link below)?

Dropbox - Qlik_Sense_Desktop_20140805143956.log

Not applicable

Did you ran the Install as Admin (right click -> run as Administrator)? Also check User Access Control

Not applicable

Yes, I am logged in as Admin (the only user on PC), and Access Control is set to Never Notify. But the error is coming.