Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot open document with server

Hi,

I am a named cal on our QV11 server and currently unable to open a document from the backend - prompts for a user ID. Another user with what appears to be the same security/admin rights can open the document. Is there a setting within the document that is causing the issue. There doesnt appear to be any security script or section access that we can see?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

James,

Plain and simple, you have Section Access, that probably you are not part of it and you are locked down. If you are any other user can open it but see the "hidden script" greyed out that means that you or user is not categorize in the section access as "admin" for that you also going to have limitations. The best is to ask the person that develop this app to remove all section access ( if any) and test it like that or request to him /her to add you in the section access.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I think you only have Qlikview server.

In this case you have to apply security to QlikView Files itself like you do for windows file system.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi James,

there might be a hidden script section? You can check this in the main_menu_item "File" - in case there is, you'll have to contact whoever made it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Datanibbler,

In the file menu the "remove hidden script" is greyed out....would that indicate no hidden script?

James

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi James,

I guess it would. If there's nothing to remove, the odds are good that there is nothing...

That rules out that possibility.

Do you have the client software installed? And that already has a license (so it doesn't read "Personal edition" on top of the screen)?

Maybe your network_password has expired? I think that maybe you are being prompted for a user_ID not for that document in particular, but rather to access the server. Could that be the case?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

Hi Datanibbler,

Client software is installed and dont have any issues opening any of the other documents - just this one inparticular.

Thats what made me think of specific security settings, but unable to see anywhere they could be?

James

Giuseppe_Novello

James,

Plain and simple, you have Section Access, that probably you are not part of it and you are locked down. If you are any other user can open it but see the "hidden script" greyed out that means that you or user is not categorize in the section access as "admin" for that you also going to have limitations. The best is to ask the person that develop this app to remove all section access ( if any) and test it like that or request to him /her to add you in the section access.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik