Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Setting up an email alert

Hi,

I am just now taking on more and more administrative tasks on the QV_Server. I have at last access to the most important log_files. Generally, though, I have no access to the company_server (where the QV_Server is hosted)

=> The next step would be to set up an email_alert so myself and a colleague, who is also looking after QV, are informed whenever an automatic reload of any app fails.

The question is: How can I find out what exactly I have to type in the field >> Hostname <<?`

There are radio_buttons for the account which to use - I can enter my own credentials there, can't I? I don't know which server the email_accounts are hosted, though - probably not our company_server, email is more global. It would be more elegant to use the fictitous user all the reloads are done by, but it will be challenging to get an email_account for that ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

17 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Look at the attached image.

Regards

ASHFAQ

rohit214
Creator III
Creator III

then you need to contact your admin guy.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Perfect!

That's just what I was looking for. It is very easy, just what I have been written in the email - but you never know, some programs expect something you'd never guess 😉

Thanks a lot!

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you close this thread.

Regards

ASHHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

I hadn't closed the thread yet - don't know who did - because I first wanted to see it work - and it doesn't - I can see one automatic reload has failed about an hour ago and I got no email. That might be our email-system, that email might have gone into quarantine (as Spam), in that case I'll get a confirmation-email. I can try setting myself up as the sender, too.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Yes you can send to your own email and try.

did you somehow manage to send test mail?

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Nope - not yet.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

It happens sometime In exchange emails are not configured to send via third party tools.

Can you confirm the same from your exchange guys.

As them to open connection internally and as well externally in one go.

so that you can even send to emails out of your domain.

Regards

ASHFAQ