Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Development in Qlik Sense?

Hi,

I got in touch with some customers since QSD release. One question that comes often is : "with Sense , will I have to install the Desktop for all users or not. I expected everything will be web-based?"

Let's imagine that a customer acquires Qlik Sense (Server Edition). Then for developing/usinf apps,  does it requires the installation of Qlik Sense Desktop or will it be done in the browser directly on Sense Server? If I refer to the Developer, Designer roles, will it be possible to lock the data model for sense designer/end user when using QLik Sense?

Thank for your answers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

With Qlik Sense server no users (including developers) will require Qlik Sense Desktop.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Just have a look at License | Qlik

• Server-side development enables creation of visualization apps from any device

So no Desktop is needed

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

With Qlik Sense server no users (including developers) will require Qlik Sense Desktop.

agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks guys ,

Well, it confirms what I rather quite udnerstood in the session in Orlando Summit.

@Daniel : Unfortunately this info is not yet straighforward  in the "too" short description given on the page you refered.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

In regards to locking things down; Yes, you will have full control over which parts of Sense a user or group of users can access. Create and Publish new content, interacting or even creating new apps.

This also extends outside the apps, you can also customize which parts, if any, of QMC users should have access to.

This allows you to efficiently out-source certain parts of maintenance to application owners or parts of the business.

Tired of managing licenses? Allocate x tokens to the Finance department and let them sort of out access on their own etc etc