Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Item textures in legend.

Hi guys,

Not sure if you can help me I had a legend colours determined by formulas , what I wanted to do was to have a stripy colour only for a particular item in the legend is this possible ?

Thanks

Sarah

4 Replies
senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sarah,

I also wanted same and could not find a way out. I guess we may have to wait for few of future version upgrades.

Thanks

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

At this point only solid colours are possible. Typically it is best practice to use solid colours in order to keep the visualization clean and easy to read.  Would you mind sharing why you'd like a stripy colour so I can share your use case with our products team?

-Josh

Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys at least I know its not something im doing wrong

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Sarah - though it is not possible to provide a "stripy color" for a particular dimensional value, you can however provide a custom color if you wanted a value to stand out - by using the color by expression option in the properties panel.

(providing this information for those that come across this type of question and wondering how to color by formula / expression)

For example - you can us the following with HTML color names

pick(match("OICA region", 'Africa', 'Americas', 'AOME', 'Europe'), 'springgreen', 'lightskyblue', 'violet', 'lightsalmon' )

or an appropriate RGB value - using rgb(255,255,255,) - for example.

I used this in the screen shot below

pick(match("Country",'Germany','USA'),'springgreen','blue')

8-7-2014 5-10-06 AM.jpg

Hope this is helpful - in case you need it.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik