Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

published app have not access to user

Hi ,

i am publishing a job through publisher and dont have access to particular user .

but when i am reloading @ source folder and then copy and paste application to user document

its woking fine. could some one shade light on this whats happeing here.

I am running this using Service Account.

Thanks

Sunil

Sunil Chauhan
Labels (1)
16 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

After the file is distributed check the effective permissions on the file for the user and see what right they/he has.

aa.png
Security>>Advanced>>Effective Permissions>>Select

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion
Author

thanks Bill,

i will try and reply you .

Sunil Chauhan
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion
Author

hi Bill ,

they have full access.even the  service account have the full access. but i dont's know why i am not able to access

thanks

Sunil

Sunil Chauhan
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ok,

I want to make sure you have your distribution setup correctly. Do you have users listed on the task like below.cc.png

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion
Author

distribute.JPG.jpgthanks Bill.

i have given access to all authenticated users. and users get access through a group ( on which section access is based upon).

these groups are Ad groups created in windows. only we are using Groups.

even though i am not able to serach that group while distributed.( i thought to authenticate group one by one like users but seems not possible)

see the attched screen shot above

Sunil Chauhan
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

As a test I would add the user in section access and see if it works.

Bill

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion
Author

i am able to resolved the issue after removing code ( with NTName outside the section access which is not required.)

see the highlighted bold code

Section access;

Load upper(Access) as Access,

upper(NTName) as NTName,

upper(Field) as upper

from path;

section access

Load

upper(NTName) as NTname

SH01

SH02.

currentely we dont reuired this beacuse no sheet is hiden based on condition.

but definitely if someone ask in future to do so . i will get stuck. so request you to please look into this and suggest me.

Sunil Chauhan