Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access> Reload not Successfull

I am having issues with Publisher reloading the QV document. I have section access in the document. I have read the Section 27: Section Access in the QV Server and I figure I am missing something in the guide just unsure of what it is.

Publisher settings> QV Enterprise Management Console> System> Distribution Services> Advanced> I have entered in my admin name/password in the Section Access section on the server. I have setup a task for the QVTest document to reload and have placed the same name/password in the section access part of the task wizard. It can open the document but the log file generates this:

2/25/2010 11:09:03.1077908 Error The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\QVTest.qvw.
2/25/2010 11:09:03.1337934 Information Document log "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\QVTest.qvw.log" was not found / not updated. Skipped.
2/25/2010 11:09:03.1367937 Information Initializing Reload (0), Finished (814)
2/25/2010 11:09:03.1397940 Error Reload failed.
2/25/2010 11:09:03.1527953 Information Closing the document.
2/25/2010 11:09:03.3138114 Information Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=5916
2/25/2010 11:09:03.3178118 Information Initializing (0), Finished (174)
2/25/2010 11:09:03.3208121 Error Reload failed. Distribution skipped.
2/25/2010 11:09:03.3288129 Error The task "Reload of QVTest.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=3

Section access code in my QV document. Links up to below Excel spreadsheet.

Security:
SECTION ACCESS;
Directory;

LOAD [USERID],
[PASSWORD],
[ACCESS],
[GROUP]
FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Users);

Section Application;
Directory;
LOAD [GROUP],
HowTo,
Dashboard,
SalesScreen,
Sales,
Transaction,
OrderDetail,
SLX,
SLXPreformance,
SLX_Shannon_Joan,
InterestFields
FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Matrix);

Spreadsheet were Section Access sheets/users are being pulled from:

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/12/6354.security_5F00_all.xlsx:550:0]

If you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks for any help on this matter.

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes you are correct. I can no longer log into my QVW using moss_setup account. I also can not access the document logging into the server with moss_setup.

All documents were created with my admin account. Was I supposed to use the moss_setup account to create qvw's?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

The Publisher account (MOSS_SETUP in your case) should be a local admin so that it has access to all documents. Check the NTFS security and make sure it has Read & Execute permissions on that file. It doesn't matter what account you use to create the QVW, as long as the Pub account has the proper permissions.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah.

moss_setup is a local admin and I gave 'full control' to the qvw.

I do not know what else it could be. Something must be being getting read incorrectly since I can no longer log into the qvw with the moss_setup account.

The domain password for moss_setup and the password in the Excel sheet for Section Access are the same. Does this matter?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

If you specify the SID you actually don't need any password I believe. Have you checked the source files that the QVW is loading from? Does MOSS have access to those files as well?

Not applicable
Author

I do not know if this matters but every time I open up the qvw after I close Qlikview completely it asks if I want to save the qvw again before I do reload. Does this mean anything? I remember from the training this is supposed to happen but I forget the reason why.

I attempted to remove the password value, put a blank value in the password. None of this worked and same error message was received.

Just to confirm. I currently have moss_setup credentials in both the QDS and the task. This is correct?

Should moss_setup account be able to log into the qvw? Currently it can not do so. Which is most likely why the log says "error The document failed to open. Bad Username and password is the most likely cause of this problem. " Through it is not a bad password. I copied and pasted.

I gave full rights to moss_setup on the excel sheet. The rest of the data is being pulled from the SQL DB. Do I need to add moss_setup to the SQL DB? This does not seem right.

Anything else to look at?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You do need to give the Publisher account access to your DB of course. And, no, the MOSS account should only be in the section access, not the task. If you can't even open the file under MOSS then it's definitely going to fail so don't even bother trying the task again until you can open and reload it with MOSS. Trying adding the NTNAME in addition to the SID. Section Access definitely supports both, so it's just a matter of playing around with it until you get the correct credentials. You'll know it's correct when it works 🙂

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Just a thought.

Am I supposed to configure Directory Service Connectors > Active Directory > to be our domain? This does not seem to be working. Lots of errors in the Event Viewer. Would QV not having a connection to AD be why moss_setup a domain account on AD not being read?

Thanks.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

No that shouldn't be the problem. You only need to have that configured to use the distribution feature in Publisher, but just reloading doesn't modify NTFS security so it shouldn't matter. I think when you get the file to reload through Desktop while you're logged in as MOSS you'll be well on your way to fixing the problem. So I would say focus on that now.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vlad for all your assistance on this post. Hopefully this forum can help many other as well.

I attempted to use NETDOMAINSID, just NTNAME by itself and many other combination. The correct combination was NTMAME and NTSID. I also had to recreate my QVW in the same account I use to run the QV Server. This was the moss_setup.

Below is the solution that worked for me.

Final Section Access Code.

Security:
SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD * inline [
NTSID,USERID, PASSWORD,ACCESS,GROUP, NTNAME
*, ADMIN, 123, ADMIN, *, *
*, joe, joe, USER, GROUP1, *
*, john, john, USER, GROUP1, *
*, dennis, dennis, USER, GROUP1, *
*, crm, crm, USER, GROUP1, *
*, all, all, USER, GROUP2, *
S-1-5-21-789336058-113007714-839522115-1253, *, password, ADMIN, *, moss_setup
];

Section Application;
LOAD * inline [
GROUP, HowTo, Dashboard, SalesScreen, Sales, Transaction, OrderDetail, SLX, SLXPreformance, SLX_Shannon_Joan, InterestFields
GROUP1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
GROUP2, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0
];

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks.