cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Active / Inactive color settings not working

I have tried many different combinations of font and background colors on the Caption tab for "Inactive Caption" and "Active Caption" in a text box and a button. However I can't get anything to change colors when I select or deselect the button/text box. Is there some kind of setting I am unaware of? Seems like it should be simple but I can't get it to change no matter what I do????

In addition I don't even have the rounded corners selections on the Layout tab.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zagzebski,

As the settings you are referring to relate to the caption, if you aren't seeing any change perhaps you are simply forgetting to turn the caption on?  I've not had a problem with getting different colors to display for active / inactive captions.  If you want the background color of the button or text object to change then apply Jagan's suggestion.

Rod

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

For Round Corner you need to enable

Settings -> Document Properties -> Set Styling Mode as Advanced

If you click on the chart then the Chart will be in active state and if you click outside the chart then it is automatically inactive, I am not sure why you are trying that with button.

In case if you need to change the button then you can do it by using variable with button and calculated expression for color.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zagzebski,

As the settings you are referring to relate to the caption, if you aren't seeing any change perhaps you are simply forgetting to turn the caption on?  I've not had a problem with getting different colors to display for active / inactive captions.  If you want the background color of the button or text object to change then apply Jagan's suggestion.

Rod

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks much I did not know about the advanced setting
zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks much - don't know what I was thinking. Just because it is a text box it still has a caption checkbox!
spring101
Contributor III
Contributor III

This worked wonderful to fix an issue for me with a current selections box where the caption box WAS checked... After setting this drop down to advanced I toggled back to the simplified view and the color change held.