Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sense Not working properly on some machines

Hi,

I have encountered a problem on two machines (but not on another) where some fundamental "events" don't work. For example:

• Context menu (for export and snapshots) on object doesn't work.
  • Columns are not sortable.
  • Click on objects in Stores doesn't work.

The effected machines are both Windows 7 and 8.1, they have .NET framework 4.51, internet explorer and chrome are up to date and I believe I have the right C++ distributable.

P.S.

When you are not logged into community clicking on the ASK it button causes an error. It would be nicer to have a screen telling you to login.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

You can't change the client browser, but you can start the desktop client and then open up another browser and navigate to http://localhost:4848/hub and use that browser instead.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Andrew,

Could you tell us more about the hardware? Are those two computers hybrid machines with touch screens?

Regards,

Patrik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Patrik,

Actually yes they are. It works fine on a non touch screen, but not on the two laptops, both of which have touch (although I don't use it).

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Thanks Andrew,

We've seen this behavior and are working on correcting it. It only affects Chrome/Chromium so for other browsers it works fine.

Thanks for reporting it!

Regards,

Patrik

Not applicable
Author

Great Thanks!

I am using the Desktop Client not a specific browser (which the client obviously uses). Therefore to get round it then how do I change the browser that the client uses?

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

You can't change the client browser, but you can start the desktop client and then open up another browser and navigate to http://localhost:4848/hub and use that browser instead.