Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giuseppe_Novello

What other process is allocating memory?

Hello Guys,

Maybe a dumb question, but I know that Qlikview  Server reserves memory  ( HIGG/LOW working sets),but I was wondering if there a program that can tell me if any other process ( where Qlikview is installed) is also allocating / reserving memory which will be fighting with Qlikview server memory allocation and maybe silently is allocating memory which is not allowing Qlikview to perform correctly.

I have an instance where QVS reachs up to 120GB and things go down hill, this is a physical server with 240GB of RAM. Shared files are clean, documents are develop as best practices( no macros nor actions in them), I am not using plug-in and No! I do not have the database installed on the same server that Qlikview is installed.

Any assistance will be appreciated!

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
2 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You could use Windows Performance Monitor and Process Explorer.

Is it possible that it's a server physical configuration issue ?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

SQL is another program that will try to set the Working Set and can try to use memory same as QVS. I would use  Task Manager to see what is using memory when this is happening.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.