Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rank() Function

Hi All,

It seems I could not achieve the desired result in my Table.

I have a Table of "Positive 1 STD Exceptions", Where each raw appear only if it is a "Positive 1 STD Exception".

That Table includes 3 dimensions: App, Advertiser and Campaign.

I would like to add a column as an expression labeled "Main Partner" to that table, where I will see the name of the partner which brought me the most revenue (from yesterday and belongs to  "PartnerReport", as you can see in my set analysis).

My Expression is:

=if([Exception type]='Positive 1 STD Exception',

if(rank(sum({<isYesterdayDate={'1'},PartnerReport={'PartnerReport'}>} (ClickCost+InstallCost)/100)) <2, partner_name)

)

***Exception Type Should NOT be part of the set analysis, please do not answer with this as your answer...

I seem to be getting Null only as my results....

Can you Help?

Kind Regards,

Ella.

13 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If the possible count of partner_name is more than one, concat() should be used like:

Concat(if(rank(sum({<isYesterdayDate={'1'},PartnerReport={'PartnerReport'}>} (ClickCost+InstallCost)/100)) <2, partner_name) , ',')

)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you but this is not my issue.

I think I have a clue for the root of my problem:

I do not have the "Partner name" in my dimensions, however, I want the ranking to be according to each partner.

So I think I need to add Aggr() somehow.

If you can assist that would be great,

I will keep trying.

Thank you,

Ella

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Easiest way to get help is attaching a sample qvw and explaining the required output against the sample data there.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you tresesco,

Please see the file attached.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I don't find a field called - '[Exception type]'.

Not applicable
Author

It is there, it's just hidden (in presentation).

See under expressions.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

This?

If(rank(sum({<isYesterdayDate={'1'},PartnerReport={'PartnerReport'}>} (ClickCost+InstallCost)/100))<2, Concat(partner_name,','))

)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Elula ,

=

if([Exception type]='Positive 1 STD Exception',
only({<partner_id={
"=aggr(rank(sum({<isYesterdayDate={'1'},PartnerReport={'PartnerReport'}>} (ClickCost+InstallCost)/100)), partner_name)<=1"}>}partner_name)
)

This will work .

All The Best . Happy Learning .

Not applicable
Author

Can you use below expression in Main Partner expression:

if([Exception type]='Positive 1 STD Exception' and rank(sum({<isYesterdayDate={'1'},PartnerReport={'PartnerReport'}>} (ClickCost+InstallCost)/100)) <2,partner_name)

Hope this was as expected

Thanks.

Singh