cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qvs.exe CPU usage

Hi all, Hope you're fine.

Currently I meet a lot of problem with my QV server.

I have two server:

01QV: QMS & QDS.

02QV: DSC, QVS & QVWS.

My problem is in the 02QV, the QVS Service saturates my cpu at 100%

(Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU 3292MHz 0@3.30GHz E5-2643), which it make inreachable my portal.

Do you have any idea what causes this cpu saturation? as i know, the 01QV calculat and refresh the report, so the CPU are more used by the 01QV not the 02QV ?

Regards.

10 Replies
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

We're having this same problem on our QVS server. Anyone out there have any ideas why CPU is getting pinned at 100% by QVS.exe?

Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone.

Are you guys still having this problem?

I am having a lot of trouble with this, since when the server reaches 100% of the CPU usage, none of the users are able to connect to the server and see the documents.

Could you solve this problem?

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think we need more info about what is going on on your server to be able to give any feedback why the QVS is hitting 100% as there can be alot of different reasons.

• What does the QVS event and performance logs say?
  • Do you run any other services on the same machine?
  • Is it a physical machine or a is QVS run on a VM machine? 
  • Have you had this problem for a long time or is have it just shown - if so, have anything been changed (new documents, increased use-base etc)?
Not applicable
Author

I'm having this issue as well, and we have traced it to some users having multiple sessions open.  They open a document in Access point, then when/if it doesn't respond as soon as they expect it to, they close and reopen the doc, and QlikView isn't releasing their previous sessions.  So when the CPU usage spikes to 100%, I can check sessions open and sometimes a single user has had as many as 22 sessions open.  The only way we have found to release the sessions so far is to stop and restart services.  It seems 'Qlikview Server' and 'Qlikview WebServer' are the ones that make the difference.

One point of interest is that the document most often in question is on a scheduled reload every 3 hours.  Also possibly related to this is the fact that one tab in this document often will not load for a particular user, which causes them to try closing and reopening.

I'm interested to hear any suggestions anyone has on how to keep QV from holding on to those sessions which is the root of this issue. 

Not applicable
Author

Hey Ashley,

Quick question. Where did you find out that 1 user had 22 sessions open? In sessions log file? Just trying to figure out where to look for that info.

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

It's in the QV Management Console, under QVS Statistics.

Not applicable
Author

Gotcha thanks. Appreciate it.

Not applicable
Author

I am so sorry about the late reply. It seems like something that happens every couple of months, at the beginning of the month and keeps happening for about 5 days, then it stops.

Answering your questions:

• What does the QVS event and performance logs say?

I don't really know where I can see these logs. Could you give me some directions?

• Do you run any other services on the same machine?

No.

• Is it a physical machine or a is QVS run on a VM machine?

It is a physical machine.

• Have you had this problem for a long time or is have it just shown - if so, have anything been changed (new documents, increased use-base etc)?

It is something that happens periodically. It keeps happening for about 5 days. Then it stops and nothing happens, but maybe two months later, it starts all over again.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Luiz,

I would recommend that you run a performance monitor and system monitor to find out what is going on.

Could be that the system is reaching it´s capacity regarding virtual memory and therefore runs the CPU up to 100% due to resource  issues.

Processing Windows Perfmon Logs using QlikView