Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remote Access to Directory Service Connectors(DSC)

Hallo QV geniuses,

How can I remotely access the DSC in the Qlikview server? What I mean is I don't need to get inside Qlikview Management Console and just directly into the DSC.

Because I want to give other users with "User Management" rights wherein they can add users. But I don't want them to mess around with the Qlikview server. They have the right to ADD USERS and that's all.

What is the good way to approach this problem? Thanks

Best,

Reagan

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

At the moment you cannot hide components.

may be you can create a new IDEA.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Giuseppe_Novello

Dear Reagan,

Ashfaq is correct, and note this is not a problem, QMC is working as design.  The difference, there's no easy way or setting to just view the DSC part as what's your business needs. There's options by using the QMS API, but it is something that you must design or hire someone to help you to design it.

QMS API Documentation - Version 11

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Ok how about accessing the QMC remotely?

Giuseppe_Novello

Reagan,

what about it? yes, they can, but they will return to the same thing you want to avoid, which is view the whole QMC?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

Our Qlikview server is being hosted in a virtual machine. It means I need to login to the virtual machine first then open QMC.

But how can I open QMC without logging inside the virtual machine? I just want to remote access QMC directly. Thanks

Giuseppe_Novello

It is possible, On your local machine, open your browser, then for the URL is http://<machineName>:4780/QMC  , press enter, you might need to authenticate ( make sure to use the account that is part of the QV admin groups)

Gio

Giuseppe Novello