Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access & reload on server

Hello everyone,

I have added a section access to one of my application. So I filled the appropriate fields in the reload tab on QEMC with an ADMIN and a password.

The problem is that sometimes, the reload works well and sometimes it fails with the error "coudn't open the document, might require a password".

When I have this mistake, I usually try to reload it mannually (by clicking on "reload now") and it usually fails again.  So what I do is that I go to the reload tab and click on "apply" again and then it works.

It is really annoying because I would say it fails every 1 reloads whereas before adding a section access, I had no problem.

Do you have any tips I could try ?

Thank you for your help.

Have a good day

Laura

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Laura,

I don't know exactly about the use of a password - I used to have that in one or two apps, but I realized that management is usually not a friend of any extra effort, so I swapped it for NTNAME (the windows logon).

That works well on the server also - just make sure the "user" running the reload_tasks on the server is also in there as ADMIN.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

View solution in original post

16 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Laura,

I don't know exactly about the use of a password - I used to have that in one or two apps, but I realized that management is usually not a friend of any extra effort, so I swapped it for NTNAME (the windows logon).

That works well on the server also - just make sure the "user" running the reload_tasks on the server is also in there as ADMIN.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I could think of below points

1) If you have any Antivirus software then make sure you eleminate below folder from scanning

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech

2) Make sure you service account is added to your section access.

3) Make Sure to provide Section Access admin credentials in the below path too.

QEMC-->  System --> Setup --> Distribution Service --> Advance tab

If nothing works lastly try by creating new task.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer Ashfaq.

I don't have any antivirus software.

And about the 3), I don't have publisher.

About the 2), what is the service account ?

My section access looks like that :

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD

ADMIN, ADMIN, Name4,

ADMIN, ADMIN, Name3,

USER, USER01, Name2,

USER, USER02, Name1 

];

The name1, name2... are the name of the people which are used as passwords.

Thanks again for your help

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, I will have a look at it.

Can it work if I don't have publisher ?

How can I see if the autentification relies on ntfs ?

Thank you

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

yes, it will definitely work without Publisher as it is built into the Qlikview-apps as such - we don't have Publisher, either.

I think ntfs is the default for authentification. There are other possibilities too - if in doubt, ask your IT what you have in your company.

(if you are running Windows, the odds are quite good that you have NTFS)

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

LauraS056 wrote:

About the 2), what is the service account ?

Hi Service account is the one with which your Qlikview services are running. In Short Qlikview administrator.

From the above Reply I see that you don't use NTLM for Section access.

Section Access will work even without publisher.

You need to provide ADMIN account credentials in your section access.

From you example above, you can use any 1 user from below

ADMIN, ADMIN, Name4,

ADMIN, ADMIN, Name3,

I could say try by creating fresh task.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I've checked and we do use ntfs for authentification.

I will try it. So I have just put  the level of Access (admin or user) and the ntname in the section access.

In the reload tab, what should I enter for user ID and password ?

I have tried to enter my ntname in the User ID field (because I had no idea) and when I cliked on apply a password was generated. But then, when I reloaded the app, it failed (with the error: could not open the document)

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Laura,

I am not quite sure what you mean now.

There is a wizard (main menu "Insert => SA => inline" that makes it quite easy to select which pieces of info - would be ACCESS and NTNAME here) you want to use.

Which reload tab are you referring to? Could you post a screenshot of what you are looking at?

Not applicable
Author

Hi, sorry I wasn"t very clear.

I am talking about the reload tab in QMC.

qvvvvv.png

I have just tried to enter the ntname of the Qlikview service but it didn"t work (but i am not sure if I changed the password)