Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access & reload on server

Hello everyone,

I have added a section access to one of my application. So I filled the appropriate fields in the reload tab on QEMC with an ADMIN and a password.

The problem is that sometimes, the reload works well and sometimes it fails with the error "coudn't open the document, might require a password".

When I have this mistake, I usually try to reload it mannually (by clicking on "reload now") and it usually fails again.  So what I do is that I go to the reload tab and click on "apply" again and then it works.

It is really annoying because I would say it fails every 1 reloads whereas before adding a section access, I had no problem.

Do you have any tips I could try ?

Thank you for your help.

Have a good day

Laura

16 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Well, now I have seen what you are referring to.

We have left that blank. I guess you'd need it if you were using a username_password_combination in your SA - if you are using NTNAME instead, you surely don't need it - just make sure the NTNAME of the "user" running your reload_tasks (on the server) is in the SA as ADMIN and has the right to execute the script (you can set that with the checkboxes on the "security" tab of the doc_properties - make sure to check "no limitations for ADMIN" here.

Not applicable
Author

So you mean, you haven't even ticked the "Section Access" checkbox ?

I have checked the no limitations for admin in my document. It still doesn't work.

The thing is I don't know what is the "user" running on the server...  I have credentials to log on that server but the reload tasks are supposed to work also if i'm not logged.

Do you know how can I know that ?

I went in the services and I saw qlikview services were logged on as "DOMAIN\svcqlikview"  so I tried to add that in the inline in my script but it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

no, we haven't checked that one in QMC.

I have no idea about the service_user, anyway. Sorry.

Not applicable
Author

May I ask you what did you put in your inline instruction ?

Was it the NTNAME of someone who is logged on server ?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Sure - there is a "user" that we have created in the AD to run all the QlikView_services - I've no idea, however, where that user is set up, I couldn't find it in the QMC right now - all those "Login" tabs are blank.

That user (in the format DOMAIN\user) is what we have entered in the SA table, with ADMIN access.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Ah - that is not in the QMC at all, it is on the actual server which I don't have access to 😉

(in the QlikViewDistributionService)

Not applicable
Author

I have found what's wrong !

It seems like QV doesn't take into account my modifications of the app.. Because I tried to reload a copy of my app without any section access and there is still this error.

I wanted to thank you a lot DataNibblers

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Did you apply

one of the user in section access

ADMIN, ADMIN, Name4,

ADMIN, ADMIN, Name3,

Reagrds

ASHFAQ